[j-nsp] Static NAT

Jonathan Looney jonlooney at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 12:11:15 EDT 2007

Matt,

Now that you've gotten this far, adding inbound static NAT is pretty simple. :-)

Create a NAT pool with your internal address(es).

Add a new rule with a match-direction of "output".  In this rule, add
a term with a "from" clause that matches packets with a destination
address of your public address.  In the then clause, specify the NAT
pool with your internal addresses (as a destination-pool) and a
translation type of "destination static".

Here's an example which translates 172.17.39.18/32 (outside address)
to 192.168.200.1/32 (inside address):
services {
    nat {
        pool dest-pool {
            address 192.168.200.2/32;
        }
        rule dest-nat {
            match-direction output;
            term dest-nat {
                from {
                    destination-address {
                        172.17.39.18/32;
                    }
                }
                then {
                    translated {
                        destination-pool dest-pool;
                        translation-type {
                            destination static;
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

Don't forget to match on applications in the rule, if necessary, to
activate ALGs.

Now, you just add the new rule to the existing service-set and
everything should work!

-Jon