[j-nsp] L2 VPNs configuration

Eugeniu Patrascu eugeniu.patrascu at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 07:07:56 EST 2007

GAY Samuel wrote:
> Hi Eugeniu,
>
> I see 2 mistake in your configuration :
> - you use the same route-distinguisher on the pe-1 and pe-2
> - the interface connected to ce-1 / ce-2 is configured with the unit
> 0. In Junos you have to use unit from 512 to 4095 to the ccc
> encapsulation.

Hi,

I've tried to use unit 1024 (as it fits in the range described) and when
I do a commit check I get the following error:

root at pe-1# commit check
[edit interfaces ge-0/0/1]
  'unit 1024'
    Only unit 0 is valid for this encapsulation
error: configuration check-out failed

Regarding the Route Distinguisher, I thought that it must be the same on
both CEs so that they'll know it's traffic destined for a given routing
instance.