[j-nsp] Netscreen Virtualization?

Jan Dirnberger jpd at scimita.de
Mon Sep 3 04:19:26 EDT 2007

Hi,

Kim Halavakoski (kim at halavakoski.net) wrote:
> I am curious about the Juniper Netscreen virtualization features.
> Does anybody have experience in running ISG VSes in highly critical
> environments? Does it work well? Stable enough to run on critical
> systems or is one better off running highly critical systems on
> separate hardware?

atm I'm evaluating exactly this setup :-)

2x ISG2000 with VSYS-separation - though I'm missing some features
(like functional traffic-shaping on tagged interfaces) it seems to
work quite well. Unfortunately I can't report long-time experience,
but if you can live with some restrictions (traffic-shaping mentioned
above, only globally configured NSRP active/passive configuration, ...)
they seem well formed.

If you have the chance to have a look at alternatives, do so - and
report :-)

Jan