[j-nsp] J2300 T1 Load balancing

Peder @ NetworkOblivion peder at networkoblivion.com
Wed Apr 2 15:10:00 EDT 2008

I have a J2300 running 8.3R1.5 and I am trying to do packet by packet
load balancing over two T1's. I tried the config below that I thought
would work and it doesn't seem to load balance.  If I do a big upload,
one T1 gets flooded and the other is virtually empty.  Any ideas what I
did wrong?  The next-hop IPs are correct.  I do see traffic on both
links, just not anywhere near load balanced outbound.  Note that I
cannot do MLPPP or MLFR, so don't suggest it, and I am not trying to
load balance inbound.  I am trying to balance outbound from my J2300.
Thanks.

routing-options {
     static {
         route 0.0.0.0/0 next-hop [ 192.168.1.1 192.168.2.1 ];
     }
     forwarding-table {
         export load-balance-default;
     }