[j-nsp] JunOS ES

Eugeniu Patrascu eugeniu.patrascu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 09:50:06 EDT 2008

Jonathan Looney wrote:
> You need to enable the proper protocols in the host-inbound-traffic
> stanza in the security zone configuration.  You can do this either at
> the security zone level or the interface level.  If you don't list a
> protocol there, traffic destined to the router using that protocol
> will be dropped.
>
> Further, if the traffic will be arriving on one interface, but
> destined to a different interface (such as would be the case for
> traffic arriving on a physical interface, but bound for the loopback
> interface), you must have a security policy to allow the traffic.
>
> HTHs

Hi,

Thank you very much, this is what I was looking for.
Probably below there are redundant statements and surely I'm missing
something, but this is what worked for me.

$show configuration security zones
    security-zone Trust {
        host-inbound-traffic {
            system-services {
                all;
            }
        }
        interfaces {
            ge-0/0/3.0 {
                host-inbound-traffic {
                    protocols {
                        all;
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }

This is a router for testing and i needed to access it remotely for
trying out different configurations.

Regards,

Eugen.