[j-nsp] M10i performance

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Fri Aug 1 03:11:12 EDT 2008

> Yes. Note that list price for 6 x PE-1GE-SFP is higher than *one* 20
> port DPCE-R-Q-20GE-SFP GigE card for the MX series. I would strongly
> urge you to consider the MX series here.

Looking at the numbers a bit more closely: An MX240 with everything
redundant except the DPCE-R-Q-20GE-SFP card is only about 15.5% more
expensive than the redundant M10i - and has much higher capacity.

On the other hand, if you also need a redundant DPC, the MX240 is
going to be significantly more expensive.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no