[j-nsp] Rebuilding an M20 from a HD crash

Jonas Frey jf at probe-networks.de
Tue Aug 5 12:32:12 EDT 2008

Hello,

its not that hard to do. In general you do the following:

If the flash is still working the RE should boot up fine saying that it
is creating an emergency /var partition in ram.
You should be able to login.
Issue the following command:
request system snapshot partition

This will partition the hdd and copy JunOS over to it.
Basically this should be all you need to do. However it might be
required to reinstall JunOS via a jinstall package. YMMV.

Regards,
Jonas Frey