[j-nsp] Maximum MAC addresses - M10i

Nicolaj Kamensek nk at accelerated.de
Thu Aug 14 11:59:56 EDT 2008

Eric Van Tol schrieb:

Hello,

> What's the maximum number of MAC addresses that an M10i can store?  I can't seem to remember, or find it easily on the website.

it doesn't store mac adresses, it stores ARP entries. There is no fixed
limit since arp entries are stored in the FEB dram where some other
things are stored like a copy of the forwarding-table and RPF
information. If you do a 'show chassis cfeb', the heap shows the dram usage.

On a M20 with SSB-E16 and 256MB Dram we are running full-table with
about 8000 arp entries with a heap utilization of 23%.

Regards,
Nicolaj

--
Accelerated IT Services GmbH
Schubertstrasse 10                        D-67251 Freinsheim