[j-nsp] ldp-bgp vpls without ce interfaces?

Marlon Duksa mduksa at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 18:58:42 EDT 2008

Does anyone know if a VPLS instance on a PE can be brought up without any ce
interfaces in it?
For example on one side we have LDP based signaling, BGP on the other. We
want to pass traffic in the core between the two interfaces (ldp on one
side, BGP on the other). We don't have any customers attached to this
particular VPLS PE.

My ldp signaled connection is comming up but not the bgp. The message is
that the local site is signaled down.

Thanks,
Marlon

Instance: vpls
  BGP-VPLS State
  Local site: green (1)
    connection-site           Type  St     Time last up          # Up trans
    2                         rmt   LD
    3                         rmt   LD
  LDP-VPLS State
  VPLS-id: 10
  Mesh-group connections: __ves__
    Neighbor                  Type  St     Time last up          # Up trans
    4.4.4.4(vpls-id 10)       rmt   Up     Aug 14 22:31:05 2008           1
      Local interface: lsi.1048576, Status: Up, Encapsulation: ETHERNET
      Remote PE: 4.4.4.4, Negotiated control-word: No
      Incoming label: 262145, Outgoing label: 131065

admin at mx-re0# show routing-instances
vpls {
    instance-type vpls;
    route-distinguisher 100:100;