[j-nsp] router for IX

alain.briant at bt.com alain.briant at bt.com
Tue Aug 19 11:28:50 EDT 2008

Hi Matthias

I don't know where you could find the limit on the M7i but like you said it's the next smallest router after the Jseries, but it has a big difference which is it's an hardware based router opposed to the Jserie.

I have on one of my customer's network some M7i with about 65 peers , 7 external BGP and 58 internal working fine.
These router are not connected to he Internet but are exchanging up to 13000 routes with peers.

I think that this router will do the job for you but more precisely you will need to have a look of the throughput you would like to have globally on your router (globally the M7i will be about 7Gig of throughput, well in fact you can connect 5 Giga interfaces fully loaded without problem).

Hope this help
Regards
Alain