[j-nsp] Strange RX issue w/ GE PIC

Masood Ahmad Shah masood at nexlinx.net.pk
Mon Aug 25 12:50:38 EDT 2008

There can be multiple reasons for these input errors.

Policed Discards
Frames that the incoming packet match code discarded because they were not
recognized or of interest. Usually, this field reports protocols that the
JUNOS software does not handle, such as CDP.

L3 incompletes
This counter is incremented when the incoming packet fails Layer 3 (usually
IPv4) sanity checks of the header. For example, a frame with less than 20
bytes of available IP header would be discarded and this counter would be
incremented.

L2 mismatch timeouts
Count of malformed or short packets that cause the incoming packet handler
to discard the frame as unreadable.

HS link CRC errors
Count of errors on the high-speed links between the ASICs responsible for
handling the router interfaces.