[j-nsp] Router selection, Juniper intro

Ben Steele ben.steele at internode.on.net
Wed Dec 10 22:33:15 EST 2008

For 15k get yourself an NPE-G2, it's not worth moving platforms and your
already invested 7200 modules for that money and you won't get as good a
bang for buck buying a new juniper as opposed to if you just upgrade the
NPE, the G2 will give you more than enough performance and includes 3 Gb
ports on board and on top of that already has a well established feature set
that includes MPLS/MQC(Adv QoS) and others you've mentioned and you're
probably well aware of the history of this device used as a ppp termination
device in the broadband market.

Worth noting I have nothing against Juniper, they have great stuff, but for
15k I think your better off with the NPE upgrade.

Then with the money you get selling your old NPE-300 go buy yourself
something nice :)

Ben