[j-nsp] M5/M10/M20 gear questions

Larry Stites ncnet at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 16 01:06:46 EST 2008

Charles,

Yes the M5/M7i/M10/M10i/M20 PICs are the same with exception of handles.
The PICs with handles are designated PE-...
Getting P- PICs in and out of M5 - M0i is difficult and possibly damaging.
ATM2 requires FPC-E. ($7k)
P-1GE-SX, LX/LH non B = older, ($2k)
P-1GE-SX-B = newer with MPLS and VLAN capability ($2500)

Example of router pricing:

M10i router - 12.8 Gbps throughput rate (6.4 Gbps full duplex)
2x RE-850-1536 Routing Engine 850Mhz 1536m DRAM
2x FEB-M10i-BB - Forwarding Engine Board
4x PWR-M10i-M7i-AC-R AC Power Supplies
rack mount, cords, cables, JunOS, slot covers... $13.5k/ea
Show chassis and pictures available.

We stock these and many more. Let me know your specific requirements and I
will send a sales quote.