[j-nsp] JNCIP book, OSPF policy

Ahmad Alhady ahmad.alhady at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 19 02:08:59 EST 2008

Yes, u r right

but we in JNCIP book  making this policies to prevent loops...  R6 and R7 running OSPF  and RIP and redis RIP - OSPF and vis versa...

so this produce loops..

as OSPF external routes will be redis to RIP router, and the accepted from him as RIP routes coz RIP pref < OSPF ex pref

so  1st policy is ensuring that R6 not get RIP from R7 and vise versa

 and 2nd one is ensuring to R6 and R7 not getting OSPF routes from RIP routetr

but my policy is target to prevent any non-RIP routs to be received
from RIP routers, in same time ensure that RIP routes is ONLY recieved
from RIP router!

am I correct ?

Thanks

Ahmad