[j-nsp] copy vpn routes to inet.0

snort bsd snortbsd at yahoo.com.au
Thu Dec 25 01:12:01 EST 2008

thanks, jeff

but your primary table is inet.0 but the default route 0/0 point to next table of inet.0. how does that work?

actually i am very interested in your old post:

"Just be aware that you can only do this with local routes in the VRF, not
remotely learned routes from other PEs. At one point I was wanting to make a
"gateway" PE using auto-export and RIB groups to enter/exit the VRF on a single
PE, which works great with local routes (interface, static, etc.), but will not
work with remotely learned VRF routes (via MBGP). I asked Juniper about this,
and was basically told it just won't work. So, I ended up having each PE do
auto-export...
"

indeed i am trying to copy vpn routes learned from other PE routers into inet.0 and as you had pointed before, it would not work. now i am dying to know why not...:)

also how could you get that vpn specific loopback into inet.0? via "auto-export" statement?

what does that "auto-export" statement mean? automatically export all of routes under that VRF to route tables of inet.0 and 300.inet.0? honestly i still can't get clear meaning of this "auto-export" statement.

in fact, if that just for the lo0.300, i could just use "interface-routes" statement under that vpn instance to achieve the same result.