[j-nsp] copy vpn routes to inet.0

Richmond, Jeff Jeff.Richmond at frontiercorp.com
Thu Dec 25 02:54:08 EST 2008

Ok, I'll try to answer all your questions, but am in a rush, so if I miss something, just let me know.

1. The default route is for jumping out of the VPN to inet.0. You don't need this if you don't want to leave the VPN. In other words you can still advertise your VPN routes to inet.0 just using auto-export and rib groups.

2. Yes, as I showed in the example, I am publishing the VRF-specific loopback to inet.0 using auto-export. Same exact formula for physical interfaces as well.

3. As for the remote routes, it will not work. Basically, if the local PE learns routes from other PEs, it will not readvertise them to inet.0 like it will with the local PE routes. This really stinks for me as I can't use a single PE as a gateway into the VRF (well, not easily anyway).

4. As for an explanation of auto-export, I am probably not the best person to explain all of its details or differences with other junos knobs. I would suggest getting with your SE and having them dig up the detailed info for you.

Take care,
-Jeff