[j-nsp] Help with OSPF config

Atul Kant atulk at kadap.net
Tue Feb 19 07:07:53 EST 2008

Hi,

1. use simple auth or no auth to see if it works
2. then turn on MD5 auth together with traceoptions enabled under OSPF
on Juniper and enable ip ospf debugging on the Cisco
3. it maybe useful to use wireshark or any other network analyzer to
capture OSPF packets from Cisco and Juniper and observe the MD5
sequence number
4. The sequence number received by each router from the other should be
non-decreasing

you only need to do 3 and 4 if 2 does not give anything useful. You may
have completely different issue, my suggestion is based on a similar
issue I had in the recent past.

Thanks,
Atul.