[j-nsp] Help with OSPF config

Scott Morris swm at emanon.com
Tue Feb 19 10:11:28 EST 2008

Traceoptions will help on Juniper, or "debug ip ospf adjacency" on the Cisco
side.

If you have an authentication mismatch, I don't think you'll even see the
start.   If you get into the EXStart phase and then reset, I'd hover towards
MTU mismatch between the two devices.

You can either fix them, or on the device that has the lower mtu (likely the
Cisco, but unsure of your config!) use "ip ospf mtu-ignore".  If it's the
Juniper side, you can't do anything AFAIK, other than adjusting MTU.

HTH,

Scott