[j-nsp] atastandbyarmset & smartd

Lukasz Trabinski lukasz at trabinski.net
Wed Feb 20 04:57:04 EST 2008

Hello

After upgrade JunOS to 8.5R1.14 and  according to PR/253775 and
http://www.juniper.net/alerts/viewalert.jsp?txtAlertNumber=PSN-2008-02-011&actionBtn=Search

I have got:

Jan 23 03:40:38 r4 smartd[4216]: standby_request: Error:
atastandbyarmset(TRUE): Inappropriate ioctl for device

Jan 23 05:05:44 r3 smartd[4185]: atastandbyarmset: ioctl: Inappropriate
ioctl for device

My question is, is it big problem for stablity of my routers? Process
smatrd is only for disk monitoring, is it use for something else?

Function atastandbyarmset and atastandbyarmget has been implemented only
by Juniper, I don't see it at orginal stmartools.

--
ŁT