[j-nsp] Converting MD5 secrets to/from Cisco format?

Saku Ytti saku+juniper-nsp at ytti.fi
Thu Feb 21 01:47:48 EST 2008

On (2008-02-20 17:58 -0800), joe mcguckin wrote:

> Is there a way to convert Juniper MD5 secrets to Cisco format?

Well by definition MD5 can't be converted back to anything meaningful
However, JNPR does have two-way encryption, which I know has been cracked
(most likely by many parties separately, as it's rather impossible to make
secure two-way encryption. Their purpose is to stop more or less shoulder
surfing), but I don't know if it's in public circulation.

--
  ++ytti