[j-nsp] Subject: Cisco equivalent of exist-map

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Thu Jan 3 10:29:07 EST 2008

On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 01:53:23PM +0000, junos fordummies wrote:
> actually it is. A few guys here emailed me back suggesting using a
> generated route. I've tested this in the lab and it works a treat. I
> am tracking an ospf route, when that dissapears so does the aggregate
> (generate) advertised towards my peer.

But this OSPF route is a more-specific route of the generated route,
correct? THAT works. But the original request suggested that 9.9.9.9/32
should be taken as "trigger route" for generating a 10/8 route. And
this ain't possible, neither with "aggregate", nor "generate". Both
accept only more-specific routes as contributors.

See also:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos85/swconfig85-routing/id-10359002.html#id-10359002

Best regards,
Daniel