[j-nsp] My first juniper... kinda...

bill fumerola billf at mu.org
Fri Jan 4 15:27:38 EST 2008

On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 02:07:14PM -0500, Jason Lixfeld wrote:
> I think I'd just go with JunOS, but that's another ball of wax.  I may
> do JunOS on one and ScreenOS on the other, but I have to look at the
> difference between the two in order to figure that out.
>
> Is there a matrix somewhere that lists the differences between Screen
> and Jun?  As I understand it, Screen revolves more around security,
> while Jun revolves more around Layer 3, but please - correct me if I'm
> wrong.

the trend seems to be moving more screenos functionality into junos.
unless there is something in screenos you absolutely need that isn't
in junos, i'd run both with junos for the redundancy.

junos on one, screenos on the other isn't a bad configuration either.

it all depends on how advanced your requirements are and what other
equipment you have available to accomplish same.

--
- bill fumerola / billf at FreeBSD.org