[j-nsp] SFP Compatibility

Paul Civati paul at xciv.org
Tue Jan 15 20:12:28 EST 2008

Kevin Day <toasty at dragondata.com> wrote:

> We escalated this as high as they'd let us. The reply from high up
> was that they were sorry for the inconvenience, but there is no
> workaround, and that it's for our own protection.

I think this was brought about because they provide a lot of free
lifetime replacement warranty (which is in itself a whole other
story) with their networking products.

It's very annoying that aside from not supporting non-HP SFPs they
also prevent you from using any other vendor, even as an unsupported
part (it's fairly easy to view the installed transceivers from the
cli to verify what's installed).

Anyway, getting very off-topic now..

-Paul-