[j-nsp] Cisco to Juniper Question

Florian Weimer fweimer at bfk.de
Thu Jan 17 09:16:56 EST 2008

* Eric Van Tol:

> I ask this of myself all the time.  For a point-to-point /30, I suppose
> it's not really a problem.  I imagine that the reason a lot of people do
> this is because "it was like that when I got here".

In my case, I want to do this mainly to conserve address space.  Right
now, we need at least a /30 per host, wasting at least three publicly
routed IP addresses.  This is a bit excessive.  (No, private VLANs
aren't a solution for us because they do not provide the kind of
isolation we require.)

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer at bfk.de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99