[j-nsp] Cisco to Juniper Question

Scott Morris swm at emanon.com
Thu Jan 17 10:08:17 EST 2008

What about a /31?

-----Original Message-----
From: juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Florian Weimer
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 9:17 AM
To: Eric Van Tol
Cc: juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [j-nsp] Cisco to Juniper Question

* Eric Van Tol:

> I ask this of myself all the time.  For a point-to-point /30, I
> suppose it's not really a problem.  I imagine that the reason a lot of
> people do this is because "it was like that when I got here".

In my case, I want to do this mainly to conserve address space.  Right now,
we need at least a /30 per host, wasting at least three publicly routed IP
addresses.  This is a bit excessive.  (No, private VLANs aren't a solution
for us because they do not provide the kind of isolation we require.)

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer at bfk.de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99