[j-nsp] M7i to Extreme BD6808

Alain Briant alain.briant at c-s.fr
Tue Jan 29 03:53:09 EST 2008

Hello

Since your problem seems basic
I would advice you to try to connect your M7i to some other kind of
equipment on one hand
And your BD6K switch on the other hand separately

You have a silly physical problem or negotiation problem.

On the M7i side the PE-4FE-TX card is MDI
On the BD6K side I thought that every kind of equipment at Extreme are
also auto MDI-MDX but it seems that they have the regular cabling of a
switch that's to say MDX.

Normally the correct cabling should be with the use of a
Straight-through cable.

Go ahead with some physical tests using some other equipment like PC to
check the link status of each ports separately
and after that you will go on with the negotiation parameters.

 From a PC to the M7i you should use a crossed-over cable
 From a PC to the BD6K you should use a direct cable

Regards
Alain