[j-nsp] a simple interface setup question and something regarding layer-2 vpn

CHEN Xu simonchennj at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 16:47:34 EDT 2008

Hi folks,

I have a stupid question regarding interface setup in juniper configuration.

interfaces {
  fe-0/1/0 {
    unit 0 {
      family mpls;
    }
  }
}

protocol {
  mpls {
    interface fe-0/1/0.0
  }
}

What are the exact effect of the above two snippets?

Another question, regarding layer-2 vpn. I first got l2vpn working on
two physical routers. And then I tried to have an exact same setup but
on one single physical router, using a bunch of logical routers, of
coz. I failed to get it working for some reason. Is there a problem
that may happen when I squeeze everything to one physical router?

Thanks!
-Simon