[j-nsp] Tunnel Services

Dermot Williams Dermot.Williams at irishbroadband.ie
Tue Jul 15 07:33:57 EDT 2008

Erdem,

>From reading previous emails to the list, it looks like the ASM also
performs the TS function. If the ASM is present, the built-in FPC Tunnel
services slot is disabled.

http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/juniper-nsp/2006-September/006892.html

The ASM shows up in slot 1/2 as "ASP - Integrated" in place of the
Tunnel PIC. It doesn't appear that one is a pre-requisite for the other.

Regards,

Dermot