[j-nsp] BGP and OSPF ECMP

Boyd, Benjamin R Benjamin.R.Boyd at windstream.com
Tue Jul 15 09:43:31 EDT 2008

You can further control the flow with:

[edit forwarding-options hash-key]

family inet {
    layer-3;
    layer-4;
}
family mpls {
    label-1;
    label-2;
}

If you're load balancing over a decent amount of hops I wouldn't hash
both layer-3/layer-4 and label-1/label-2 on every router because then
your per-flow becomes quite segregated and you might find issues where
your load balancing on many routers will break the seemingly load
balancing of another router since the hashing algorithm will produce the
same result on each router.

-Ben