[j-nsp] BGP and OSPF ECMP

Marlon Duksa mduksa at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 16:56:52 EDT 2008

I tried this on MX960 and it seams that load balancing is on by default. How
do I turn load balancing off?
In the RT I can see both next hops:
2.2.2.2/32         *[OSPF/10] 02:21:29, metric 1
                      to 10.0.2.2 via ge-8/0/5.0
                    > to 10.0.3.2 via ge-5/1/0.0

In the FT I can see only one path:
2.2.2.2/32         user     1 10.0.3.2           ucst   572     5 ge-5/1/0.0

But when I actually send traffic and run 'monitor interface traffic', I see
that traffic is going out over both links.
This 2.2.2.2 next hop is actually a PE router in VPN.

Is load balancing on by default on MX? I didn't configure anything special
to turn it on.