[j-nsp] NSRP through 802.1Q trunks

Ivan c ivannetw at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 20:54:51 EDT 2008

Hey, anyone have any experience with running active/passive NSRP
betwen datacentres via 802.1Q trunks? specially through Nortel 5520
switches?

I can't find any specific info on NSRP protocol requirements, only
from the screenos cookbook, which states "The only requirement is that
the Layer 2 frames arrive at the remote peer as sent."

I have verfied the trunking works by plugging in laptops on each end
with an IP on the same vlan, and connectivity is fine.
The get nrsp ha says state:disconnected and I have the NSRP HA probes running.

Any special requirements or info on trunking NSRP?

thanks
Ivan