[j-nsp] JUNOScript API error

Mike Porter mike at udel.edu
Sat Jul 19 13:07:07 EDT 2008

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008, Simon Chen wrote:

> My experience is that JUNOScript would try to initiate the connection
> to a weird port - I cannot remember which port that it, but you can
> find out easily by doing a tcpdump.
>
> Basically what I did was locating that port number in the source code
> and changing it to 22.
>
> Hope this helps.

Lots of bugs in the JUNOscript API code, too.  I'm getting a patch
ready.  Hint - look at the disconnect routine.  None of those waits
ever execute and if they did, the WNOHANG specification is incorrect
and would yield undef or basically wait.  There are race issues
which wll frequently result in a hang.  The recv also sometimes
aborts with Interrupted system call, also.

Mike