[j-nsp] generic ospf question

Stefan Fouant sfouant at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 14:37:50 EDT 2008

You stated "any router in Area 0" which would include the ABR for the
attached NSSA... therefore, I would think the only time you would see
an SPF run in this situation is if the ABR (connected to both Area 0
and the NSSA) happened to reboot or fail.  In this situation, although
you are not sending any summaries, I would certainly expect to see
Type 1 Router LSAs or Type 2 Network LSAs depending on your
environment.

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 10:52 AM, Ying Zhang <cynthia_dal at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Just wondering, if an area is configured as NSSA with no summaries, in case any router in OSPF area 0 reboots or fails, will it cause SPF algorithm to re-run in this NSSA? Of course, routing across area 0 will be affected, but will routing WITHIN the NSSA be affected as well? Thanks.
>
> C.

Stefan Fouant
Principal Network Engineer
NeuStar, Inc. - http://www.neustar.biz