[j-nsp] Supporting Audit Requirements in JUNOS

Stefan Fouant sfouant at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 15:38:53 EDT 2008

Hi folks,

As part of SAS 70 Audit requirements, I need to ensure that anytime a
firewall change is made on my routers a description of that change is
recorded.  I suppose I could force this by using commit scripts and
forcing the use of "annotate" on anything in the firewall-filters
stanza, although this could be rather unwieldy in it's implementation.
 My preference would be to ensure that anytime the configuration is
committed a 'commit comment <comment>' is used, but doesn't seem that
I can use commit-scripts to force that since a commit is not a
configuration variable.  I wonder if I could use "allow-commands" or
"deny-commands" to accomplish something along these lines...

Has anyone attempted anything similar?  What have you folks done to
support SAS 70 Audit requirements?

Thanks,

--
Stefan Fouant