[j-nsp] Supporting Audit Requirements in JUNOS

Erdem Sener erdems at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 11:36:12 EDT 2008

Stefan,

 Indeed, you could maybe try to configure a class like this:

class engineering {
    permissions all;
    allow-commands "^commit check|commit comment|^commit synchronize
comment|commit confirmed comment";
    deny-commands "^commit$";
}

this might do what you want, with two exceptions:

"and-quit" will not be supported
"at" will not be supported
"confirmed" will only be supported with the default 10 minutes.

The reason is I couldn't find a way (maybe there is, I'm not 100%
sure) to include the parameter after _at_ and _confirmed_

Hope this helps,
Erdem

user at router-re0> configure
Entering configuration mode

[edit]
user at router-re0# commit ?
Possible completions:
  check                Check correctness of syntax; do not apply changes
  comment              Message to write to commit log
  confirmed            Automatically rollback if not confirmed
  synchronize          Synchronize commit on both Routing Engines
[edit]
user at router-re0# commit comment ?
Possible completions:
  <comment>            Message to write to commit log
[edit]
user at router-re0# commit comment deneme ?
Possible completions:
  <[Enter]>            Execute this command
  |                    Pipe through a command
[edit]
user at router-re0# commit confirmed ?
Possible completions:
  comment              Message to write to commit log
[edit]
user at router-re0# commit synchronize ?
Possible completions:
  comment              Message to write to commit log
[edit]
user at router-re0# commit check ?
Possible completions:
  <[Enter]>            Execute this command
  and-quit             Quit configuration mode if commit succeeds
  synchronize          Synchronize commit on both Routing Engines
  |                    Pipe through a command
[edit]