[j-nsp] Load-Balance on Internet Processor II

Ilker YILMAZ ilkeryilmaz17 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 06:25:15 EDT 2008

Dear Group,

I'm curious if anybody knows a workaround doing load balancing per packet on
an m10i. I have a J4350 2xE1 connected to a M10i 2xE1 trying to do my best
but as Juniper says;

"an Internet Processor II ASIC sends packets with the same parameters to the
same next hop, since they are in the same flow. The JUNOS software command
to turn on load balancing uses the action load-balance per-packet, which is
misnamed in relation to the Internet Processor II ASIC. On the Internet
Processor II ASIC, this command actually enables per-flow load balancing."

On Internet Processor II it actually does "per-flow" rather than
"per-packet"

I really appreciate if anybody has an input to this.

Thanks!
Ilker YILMAZ