[j-nsp] Juniper - Foundry Link aggregation

Gareth Campling gareth at griffin.com
Wed Jun 11 05:20:48 EDT 2008

Here is sample config from one of our sites running  Juniper M10i and a
Foundry RX with a 2 port aggregation

== Juniper M10i ==

ge-1/0/0 {
    description "1GB to Port 3/7";
    gigether-options {
        802.3ad ae0;
    }
}
ge-1/1/0 {
    description "1GB to Port 2/7";
    gigether-options {
        802.3ad ae0;
    }
}

ae0 {
    description "2GB Trunk";
    vlan-tagging;
    mtu 9192;
    aggregated-ether-options {
        lacp {
            active;
        }
    }

Physical interface: ae0, Enabled, Physical link is Up
  Interface index: 128, SNMP ifIndex: 34
  Link-level type: Ethernet, MTU: 9192, Speed: 2000mbps, Loopback:
Disabled, Source filtering: Disabled, Flow control: Disabled,
  Minimum links needed: 1, Minimum bandwidth needed: 0
  Device flags   : Present Running

== Foundry RX ==

interface ethernet 3/7
 link-aggregate passive

interface ethernet 2/7
link-aggregate passive

#show link-aggregate
Long  timeout: 90, default: 90
Short timeout: 3, default: 3
Port  [Sys P] [Port P] [ Key ]
[Act][Tio][Agg][Syn][Col][Dis][Def][Exp][Ope]
2/7        1        1       2   No    L   Agg  Syn  Col  Dis  No   No
Ope
3/7        1        1       2   No    L   Agg  Syn  Col  Dis  No   No
Ope

HTH

Gareth Campling
Senior Network Engineer