[j-nsp] Changing a route based on latency

Junaid junaid.x86 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 05:07:56 EDT 2008

Hi,

I was going through the documentation for RPM (Real-time Performance
Monitor) and as I suspected, we need a server (Juniper router) at the
other end to send us responses. Is there a feature/solution that does
not require any config on the remote end; like we can send ICMP echos
and based on the response we can take some action.

What I need is a mechanism to change my uplink from my primary service
provider to my secondary service provider based on the delay/latency I
am experiencing on the primary link. Any suggestion?

Regards,
Junaid