[j-nsp] L3 incompletes

Lakshminarayanan P lnarayanan.p at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 10:04:09 EDT 2008

My 2 cents -

The most common reason for this problem is some protocol that is disabled on
the interface in question being enabled on the other to which the interface
connects. For example, OSPF might be disabled on this interface but enabled
on the other end to which this interface connects. As a result, the
multicast updates reaching this interface would then be discarded as L3
incompletes!

If this counter in incrementing at a reguar interval, it might well be a
control packet that is sent out periodically!

Regards
Lakshmi