[j-nsp] L3 incompletes

Lakshminarayanan P lnarayanan.p at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 12:12:22 EDT 2008

> > No, that should result in "policed discards", not "L3 incompletes".
> > This commonly shows up when the neighbor is from Brand-C and has
> > cdp enabled.  :)
Well, I have come across increase in L3 incomplete errors previously when
testing with a M320 connected back to back on Ethernet to another router. On
the other end of the interface, I had LDP / OSPF enabled while it was
disabled on the M320 end of the interface. I did see L3 incompletes increase
consistently which disappeared once I  disabled LDP / OSPF on the other end
also.

If I remember correctly, the other end was connected to a M40e :)

Cheers
Lakshmi