[j-nsp] question regarding l2vpn

CHEN Xu simonchennj at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 17:21:25 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I am trying to set up a l2vpn between two logical-routers across two
physical routers.
The setup is actually complicated, but I will try to make it simple...

Basically, Router-A-CE and Router-A-PE are two logical routers on the
same physical router.
Router-A-PE and Router-B-PE are connected via a VPN service through a
series of routers in between, which I ignore here. So the setup looks
like this conceptually:

Router-A-CE  <-> Router-A-PE <-> Router-B-PE <-> Router-B-CE

Configuration for Router-A-PE:
logical-routers {
    router-a-pe {
        interfaces {
            gr-1/2/0 {
                unit 0 {  ### gre channel to router-B-pe
                    tunnel {
                        source 8.0.0.4;
                        destination 8.0.0.3;
                    }
                    family inet {
                        address 4.0.0.2/30;
                    }
                    family iso;
                    family mpls;
                }
            }
            lt-1/2/0 {
                unit 0 {  ### logical channel to Router-A-CE
                    encapsulation ethernet-ccc;
                    peer-unit 1001;
                    family ccc;
                }
            }
        }
        protocols {
           rsvp {
                interface all;
            }
            mpls {
                label-switched-path to-router-b-pe {
                ### lsp for the l2vpn
                    from 4.0.0.2;
                    to 4.0.0.1;
                    no-cspf;
                }
                interface all;
            }
            bgp {
                import match-all;
                export match-all;
                group pe-pe-l2vpn {
                    type internal;
                    local-as 7777;
                    neighbor 4.0.0.1 {
                        ### bgp session to router-b-pe
                        local-address 4.0.0.2;
                        family l2vpn {
                            signaling;
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        }
        routing-instances {
            L2VPN-to-router-a-ce {
                instance-type l2vpn;
                interface lt-1/2/0.0;
                route-distinguisher 100:1;
                vrf-import vpn-SPA-import;
                vrf-export vpn-SPA-export;
                protocols {
                    l2vpn {
                        encapsulation-type ethernet;
                        site router-a {
                            site-identifier 2;
                            interface lt-1/2/0.0 {
                                remote-site-id 1;
                            }
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

Configuration for Router-A-CE:
logical-routers {
    router-a-ce {
        interfaces {
            lt-1/2/0 {
                unit 1001 {
                    encapsulation ethernet;
                    peer-unit 0;
                    family inet {
                        address 88.88.88.2/24;
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

Configuration for Router-B-PE and Router-B-CE are basically the mirror
of the above two.

The problem is the l2vpn connection is successfully established:
Instance: XXX
  Local site: YYY (2)
    connection-site           Type  St     Time last up          # Up trans
    1                         rmt   Up     Jun 16 20:50:26 2008           1
      Local interface: fe-0/0/2.0, Status: Up, Encapsulation: ETHERNET
      Remote PE: 4.0.0.1, Negotiated control-word: Yes (Null)
      Incoming label: 800000, Outgoing label: 800001

MPLS LSP is also up both sides.

But I cannot ping from Router-A-CE to Router-B-CE.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

-Simon