[j-nsp] NAT Port translation on JUNOS, puzzled...

Remco Bressers rbressers at signet.nl
Tue Jun 17 03:31:42 EDT 2008

I'm working on a NAT setup, which is actually very straightforward but i
still am puzzled by the services documentation from Juniper. Please help :).

It's a J2300 with 2 interfaces, in and out. One public IP address and a
local subnet on the inside. I got the network translation from the
inside to the public ip working, but now i want to configure one single
port-forward to an internal host (let's say 10.0.0.1) on port 80.

But how? On a cheap $50 router it's a point-and-click, but it's not even
in J-web?!

The config i have now :

services {
    service-set wan-service-set {
        nat-rules nat-set;
        interface-service {
            service-interface sp-0/0/0;
        }
    }
    nat {
        pool nat-pool {
            address-range low 217.21.x.x high 217.21.x.x;
            port automatic;
        }
        rule nat-set {
            match-direction input;