[j-nsp] Best practice to manage log information

Beny D Setyawan benyds at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 07:30:15 EDT 2008

Hi List,

Somehow my m-series hang and need to reboot. JTAC suspected that this is due
to harddisk busy, since there were so many log that write-erase to the
harddisk and suggested to reduce that process. Does anyone has information
what is the best practice on how to manage syslog severity on the Juniper
router? Which log should be send to syslog server and should be save also in
the router itself.

The goal is how to make the router healhty by reduce log of changing any
information on the router from harddisk on the routing-engine perspective.
But in the other hand we need the log information for the NMS.

Thanks & Rgds,

Beny D Setyawan