[j-nsp] Question about E1 interfaces in J2300

Andrew Mulheirn Andrew.Mulheirn at telindus.co.uk
Tue Mar 11 12:05:19 EDT 2008

Hi Sami -

1. Yes, they support G.703 and G.704.

2. The dual-port E1 PIM has RJ-48 interfaces.
The dual-port channelized E1/T1 has RJ48 as well.
The dual-port synchronous serial has high-density serial interfaces as per on a Cisco router. For this module you need an external CSU/DSU

3. I would have thought that any RJ-48 to BNC balun would work.  It needs to change the impedance from 120 ohm to 75 ohm - it doesn't do anything to the framing, so the following balun would work:

http://www.blackbox.co.uk/solutions/display.asp?cs=dvh&id=1&doc=mt242a-m

I think that's what we used.  Even though it says it is a G.703 balun it should do G.704 as well.

Cheers,

A.