[j-nsp] Modifying BGP Community

Jyotirmay Samanta jyotirmay.samanta at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 02:52:48 EDT 2008

Is there any option in Juniper to partially modify the community in a
routing update?

Let me just give an example. Say router A got a route from router B with a
community string 12345:67890 and when router A want to advertise this route
to router C it should only change the last digit to 7 so the effective
outbound community should be 12345:67897 .... and I need to do this(like
changing the last digit only) for hundred different communities so a delete
and add option is not viable, I need to find some modify option.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Jyotirmay Samanta