[j-nsp] j-series and clusterip / multicast mac addresses

Stefan Fouant sfouant at gmail.com
Tue May 6 17:22:07 EDT 2008

Not really sure but I would think that even with or without IGMP/PIM
enabled on the interface, the router probably doesn't know what to do
with that packet since it doesn't have corresponding IGMP/PIM join
state to match the incoming packet.  Therefore any packets sourced
from a multicast mac address are probably pitched in the bit bucket.
at least that seems to make sense since you've indicated that static
arp entries are working...

Just my $.02.

Stefan Fouant