[j-nsp] Juniper Encapsulation question on MX960

Thor thor.work at mx-one.com
Thu May 8 03:32:56 EDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Thorsten Muller
Sent: 08 May 2008 09:32
To: juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net
Cc: Thorsten Muller
Subject: RE: Juniper Encapsulation question on MX960

Hi,

I have a question about the Ethernet encapsulation in L2 VPN's on a MX960

I want to connect a customer on a 10G interface in a p2p L2 VPN.
The customer wants to send his own vlans over the port (so the port needs to
be transparent to vlans)

Which encapsulation do I need ?

the documentation states: (Junos 8.5)

ethernet-ccc
      Use Ethernet CCC encapsulation on Ethernet interfaces that must accept
      packets carrying standard Tag Protocol ID (TPID) values.

extended-vlan-ccc
     Use extended VLAN encapsulation on CCC circuits with Gigabit
     Ethernet and 4-port Fast Ethernet interfaces that must accept packets
     carrying 802.1Q values.

What do you people suggest?
Anything else to take into consideration ?

--
Cheers
Thor