[j-nsp] Load Balancing IPv6 Traffic Flows

Daniel Verlouw daniel at bit.nl
Tue May 20 16:20:01 EDT 2008

On May 20, 2008, at 9:57 PM, Stefan Fouant wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone else has seen any similar problems and are
> there any gotchya's when configuring load-balancing for IPv6 traffic.

you cannot match on family inet and inet6 in one term, 8.5 returns the
following error:

[edit policy-options]
daniel at jun1-test.galilei# commit check
[edit]
   'policy-options'
     Policy error: Policy-statement load-balance, term prefixes:
unable to merge prefix-list v6_routes because of different address
family
error: configuration check-out failed

You need to split your policy into two separate terms, one matching on
family inet and the other on family inet6, e.g.:

[edit policy-options policy-statement load-balance]
daniel at jun1-lab# show
term v4_prefixes {
     from {
         prefix-list-filter v4_routes orlonger;