[j-nsp] bgp.l3vpn.2 and target VRF?

Dave Diller dave at maxgigapop.net
Wed May 21 11:37:30 EDT 2008

> Try this:
>
> http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos85/swconfig85-multicast/id-13041423.html#id-13041423

I hadn't put that into the VRF's PIM yet, although I had it for inet.2
itself.  Added it now on principle.  This is a step beyond where I am
though... this will just tell the PIM in the VRF to use VRF.inet.2 for
RPF - and the trouble I'm having is populating the table in the first
place.  Right now there aren't any routes IN vrf.inet.2 for PIM to
check against, they're all stuck over in in bgp.l3vpn.2.

I just replaced the vrf-target 'shortcut' with a pair of vrf-import/
export policies that matched on the same target community.  Net result
is that VRF.inet.0 is still populated correctly; and VRF.inet.2 still
unpopulated.

-dd