[j-nsp] Floating default routes on M-series

David Ball davidtball at gmail.com
Thu May 22 10:15:05 EDT 2008

  Is there a specific reason for not having made use of BGP to handle
the failover to your upstream provider(s)?  Depending on how you
connect to them, you may or may not require a /24 and your own ASN to
provide proper redundancy.  You could even get by with only receiving
a default route from them (eliminating the need for lots of memory).
Anyhow, not sure how many upstreams you have, how you connect to them,
or whether they can do BGP or not, so I'll leave it at that for now.
Might be worth talking to them about it though, to see if it's an
option.

David